xi's moments
Home | Society

5 dead in accidental fire in Beijing community

By DU JUAN | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2021-09-20 14:25

Five people died in an accidental fire in a residential community in Beijing's Tongzhou district on early Monday morning, according to local Chinese media. 

The fire was primarily caused by the indoor charging of electric bikes. The fire had covered an area of 60 square meters.

A rescue team and firefighters arrived at the site of the accident immediately after receiving the emergency call, seeing the five already dead. The fire was put out swiftly.

Global Edition
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349