Guangdong school officials investigated for recruitment misconduct
By Liu Boqian | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2026-08-19 21:13
A principal, Party secretary and several other officials at a high school in Foshan, Guangdong province, are being investigated after misconduct was found in the recruitment of teachers, according to a statement released Wednesday.
According to earlier reports, 13 top-ranked candidates in the written exam for physics teacher posts at the well-known Jihua High School in Foshan were rejected, while the five lowest-ranked candidates were shortlisted for medical exams, effectively securing their places on the final list.
A joint investigation by disciplinary, education and other authorities found that the school had violated recruitment rules by using candidates' university reputations as a key screening criterion, setting the number of hires in advance and conducting internal evaluations.
The Sanshui district education bureau was also found to have failed to properly oversee the recruitment process.
The investigation team said the school's Party secretary, identified by his surname Li, and principal, surnamed Luo, have been suspended from their duties and placed under investigation.
Sanshui education bureau director, surnamed Lai, and deputy director, surnamed Fu, are also under investigation, while 14 others will face disciplinary procedures.
The statement said the initial job interview results from earlier this month have been invalidated, while authorities will organize new interviews, with participating candidates eligible for transportation, accommodation and meal subsidies.





















